A fast, safe and extensible Markdown to (X)HTML parser
Critical or Security advisories for 3.4.0
This version doesn't have any advisory. Want to report one?
Changelog for 3.4.0
This new release ships with a bunch of bug fixes especially regarding anchor generation.
Improvements to anchor generation
The anchor generation now relies on a djb2 hashing algorithm whenever the generated anchor is empty as non alpha-numeric chars. This is specifically interesting for CJK contents as Redcarpet used to generate empty anchors dealing with titles in these locales.
Special thanks to Alexey Kopytko and namusyaka for their work on that !
Also now, the html-escaped entities are removed from anchors generated with the
HTML render in order to be consistent with the
HTML_TOC render and as it is more expected.
- Table headers don't require a minimum of three dashes anymore; a single one can be used for each row.
- The Markdown and rendering options are now exposed through a
@optionsinstance variable inside your custom render objects.
- Multiple single quote pairs are parsed correctly with SmartyPants.
- Remove periods at the end of URLs when autolinking to make sure that links at the end of a sentence get properly generated.
- Avoid escaping ampersands in href links.
Checkout the CHANGELOG for further information and changes.
Dependencies for 3.4.0
|This version doesn't have runtime dependencies.|
My projects using redcarpet
|You should be logged in to see which of your projects use redcarpet.|